Open your account at Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union today and begin enjoying the credit union difference! DCECU is a cooperative, not-for-profit financial institution, owned by its members to fulfill their financial needs in all stages of their lives. Once you join the credit union you can retain your membership for life, even if you change jobs, retire, or move away.
As a member of DCECU, you will have access to a broad range of deposit accounts and lending services to meet your financial needs. In addition, members who are in good standing1 may receive a portion of our year-end earnings in the form of Member Giveback Rebates and Rewards.
To become a member, you must meet the membership eligibility requirements.
You may use our online application2 to open an Individual (adult) Account or Youth Account.
Note: If you are not subject to U.S. taxes and/or do not reside in the United States please contact us for assistance.
Call our Member Contact Center between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday at (989) 835-7794 or (800) 835-7794.
Our office is located at 600 E Lyon, Midland MI 48640. Account Services representatives are available between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
Complete Paper Membership Application below. This document will require notarized signatures of the primary and all joint account holders listed, and will need to be returned to Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union, PO Box 1649, Midland, MI 48641-1649 with a minimum deposit of $5.00. Also required are front and back copies of the driver's licenses of the primary and each joint owner listed on the account.
Members in good standing are defined as those members having at least $5 in their Share Account on December 31st of that year, no delinquent accounts, have not had adverse collection activities on their account, and have not had accounts charged off. ↩
Online Application requires a computer with Adobe Reader and either: IE 8+, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (with cookies enabled). ↩
Who is Eligible for Membership?
To become a member of the Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union you need to meet one of the qualifications listed below and then open a Share Account with a minimum balance of $5.00.
- Employees and retirees of The Dow Chemical Company and its affiliated companies
- Employees and retirees of the Dow Corning Corporation and its affiliated companies
- Employees and retirees of Select Employer Groups
- Employees and retirees of the Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union
- Any relative of any member, employee or retiree described above
- Any relative of any member or any individual living under the same roof and in the same single-family household of any member.
- Revocable Trusts in which the Grantor is also a member of Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union
- Individual owners* of stock in The Dow Chemical Company
* Individuals who own one or more shares of Dow Chemical stock in their own name are eligible for membership. This does not include Dow stock held within a retirement, 401(k) or other investment plan by another institution or group.
back to topCompany Membership Consideration
Companies who demonstrate a business relationship with Dow Chemical, Dow Corning or DCECU and who meet the following guidelines, may request consideration for membership.
- Minimum number of ten (10) employees
- Have done significant business with The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation or DCECU during the previous twelve months
- The business relationship must be verifiable by The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation or DCECU
Click below to access our Request for Service Letter
- Letter must be signed by a Senior Officer of the Company/Corporation.
- Letter must be printed on your company’s letterhead.
- Your principal location must be within twenty-five miles of Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union main office, located at 600 E. Lyon Rd, Midland, Michigan.
back to topSelect Employer Groups Eligible for Membership
Employees, family members and retirees of: