To become a member of the Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union you need to meet one of the qualifications listed below and then open a Share Account with a minimum balance of $5.00. The Share Account not only makes you a member but also a part owner of the Credit Union.
- Employees and retirees of The Dow Chemical Company and its affiliated companies
- Employees and retirees of the Dow Corning Corporation and its affiliated companies
- Employees and retirees of Select Employer Groups
- Employees and retirees of the Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union
- Any relative of any member or any individual living under the same roof and in the same single-family household of any member.
- Revocable Trusts in which the Grantor is also a member of Dow Chemical Employees' Credit Union
- Individual owners* of stock in The Dow Chemical Company
* Individuals who own one or more shares of Dow Chemical stock in their own name are eligible for membership. This does not include Dow stock held within a retirement, 401(k) or other investment plan by another institution or group.
back to topMethods of Obtaining DCECU Membership
Obtaining membership can be initiated by calling our Member Contact Center, visiting our Account Services Department, or by completing and printing the application below.
back to topMembership Consideration
Companies who demonstrate a business relationship with Dow Chemical, Dow Corning or DCECU and who meet the following guidelines, may request consideration for membership.
- Minimum number of ten (10) employees
- Have done significant business with The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation or DCECU during the previous twelve months
- The business relationship must be verifiable by The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation or DCECU
Click below to access our Request for Service Letter
- Letter must be signed by a Senior Officer of the Company/Corporation.
- Letter must be printed on your company’s letterhead.
- Your principal location must be within twenty-five miles of Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union main office, located at 600 E. Lyon Rd, Midland, Michigan.
back to topRewards and Rebates
DCECU members who save or borrow throughout the year and are members in good standing*, may receive a portion of DCECU’s year-end earnings back in the form of a Member Saver Reward and/or Loan Interest Rebate.
Member Saver Reward: Entitles members in good standing* to be rewarded a Board approved percentage of the total dividends/interest earned on DCECU shares/deposits during that year.
Visa® Check Card Rebate: Entitles members in good standing* to be rebated a Board approved percentage of all signature-based transactions during that year, calculated on net sales. A Board approved dollar amount is also paid for each time a pin-based transaction was completed during that year.
Loan Interest Rebate: Entitles members in good standing* to be rebated a Board approved percentage of the total interest paid during that year on all eligible DCECU loans. (Loans not eligible include: certain VISA accounts with TravelFree™ Rewards, CashBack Rewards or Transaction Rebates, certain DCECU mortgages and Private Student Loans.)
While year-end rewards/rebates occur with great regularity, this additional Credit Union benefit is not guaranteed.
*Members in good standing are defined as those members having at least $5 in their Share Account on December 31st of that year, no delinquent accounts, have not had adverse collection activities on their account, and have not had accounts charged off.
back to topSelect Employer Groups Eligible for Membership
Employees, family members and retirees of: