Protect Yourself against Fraud and Identity Theft June 17, 2015
We recognize that keeping your personal information private is extremely important for a variety of reasons. In an effort to help you do just that, here are several tips and suggestions to help keep your information safe:
- DO NOT give personal information on the phone, through mail, or over the Internet unless self-initiated. This includes credit card numbers, financial information, or social security number.
- Safeguard all identification, credit cards or other documents (including account statements) containing personal or financial information.
- Regularly examine your financial statements and report discrepancies immediately to your financial institution and/or law enforcement if applicable.
- Do not carry more identification (driver’s license, social security card, passport, etc.) credit or debit cards than you will use.
- Shred or otherwise properly dispose of documents that contain your personal information.
Security of your account and your private information begins with you.