DCECU donates coats and toys, adopts families December 23, 2020
While the COVID-19 pandemic prevented us from doing many of our typical donation drives, fundraisers and volunteer work in 2020, DCECU wants to make sure our community is taken care of this holiday season!
Because we were unable to be a drop-off site for local holiday donation drives this year, we opted to make contributions to support two organizations that count on donations to make the holidays brighter for area families.
We recently delivered more than 120 toys and more than 75 coats to The Salvation Army in Midland County in support of its Christmas Assistance Program and Coats for Kids program.
In Gladwin County, we adopted 17 families through the Christmas Kindness program, which allows selected families to provide holiday wish lists of everything from toys to clothing to household items to food and other items.
“In difficult times like these, it’s more important than ever for us to step up and support organizations that provide valuable programs and services to our communities,” said DCECU Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer Susan Phillips, who coordinated the credit union’s holiday donations to the two organizations. “The pandemic took away our ability to serve as a donation drop-off site, but our desire to help has not wavered. Providing these donations in Midland and Gladwin counties was the best way we could think of to offer our support and ensure that more local families get to have a happier holiday season.”
If you feel inspired to join us in giving, here are some local and statewide organizations that we have supported in 2020 through donation drives, financial contributions, direct donations of items, or volunteering. They surely could use your support – this holiday season and always.
- American Red Cross of East Central Bay-Michigan
- Bay Area Women’s Center
- The Bridge Food Center (Midland)
- Cancer Services of Midland
- CAN Council (Arenac, Bay, Huron and Saginaw counties)
- Christmas Kindness (Gladwin County)
- Family & Children’s Services of Mid-Michigan
- Gladwin County Baby Pantry
- Greater Midland Coleman Family Center Food Pantry
- Great Lakes Bay Veterans Coalition
- Helping Hands Mission (Beaverton)
- Hidden Harvest
- Junior Achievement of Mid Michigan
- Midland Area Community Foundation
- Midland Area CROP Hunger Walk
- Midland Center for the Arts
- Midland Community Former Offenders Advocacy and Rehabilitation
- Midland County Educational Service Agency
- Midland County Emergency Food Pantry Network
- Midland County Habitat for Humanity
- Midland Lions Club
- Midland Rotary
- Midland’s Open Door
- Personal Assistance Options (Midland)
- The Pink Fund
- Safe Harbor Kitchen (Bay City)
- The Salvation Army – Coats for Kids and Christmas Assistance Program
- Shelterhouse of Midland and Gladwin Counties
- United Way of Bay County
- United Way of Clare and Gladwin Counties
- United Way of Midland County
- United Way of Saginaw County
- WCMU Public Media