DCECU awards $15K in college scholarships May 27, 2021
Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union has awarded 10 scholarships worth $1,500 each to DCECU-affiliated students through two scholarship programs.
DCECU awarded eight of the scholarships to members in good standing through the Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union Members Endowed Scholarship program, which is administered by the Midland Area Community Foundation. The remaining two scholarships were awarded to family members of credit union employees through a separate scholarship fund with the foundation.
The 2021 scholarship winners and their intended fields of study and universities are:
- Morgan Carter, Bay City Western High School, foreign language, University of North Florida
- Ryan Erdman, H. H. Dow High School (Midland), biochemistry, University of Michigan
- William Gandy, H. H. Dow High School (Midland), political science, American University
- Brent Gasser, Bullock Creek High School (Midland), public health, Saginaw Valley State University
- Nolan Janeczko, H. H. Dow High School (Midland), biomedical engineering, Michigan Technological University
- Matthew Longuski, Bullock Creek High School (Midland), pharmacy, Ferris State University
- Gabrielle Matuszewski, Midland High School, medical laboratory science, Saginaw Valley State University
- Samuel Midkiff, Bullock Creek High School (Midland), aerospace engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Jaylynn Slabic, Gladwin High School, health care administration, Northwood University
- Miranda Wojda, Bullock Creek High School (Midland), communications, Grand Valley State University
“In this ninth year of our scholarship program administered by the Midland Area Community Foundation, we continue to value this opportunity to help local students with ties to DCECU achieve their goals,” said DCECU Chief Executive Officer Michael Goad. “We look forward to watching these talented young people grow and succeed as they pursue the next step in their education.”
Since DCECU’s two scholarship programs with the foundation began in 2013, a total of $135,000 has been awarded.
DCECU members can apply for the Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union Members Endowed Scholarship each year between Dec. 1 and Feb. 15 by visiting the Midland Area Community Foundation website at midlandfoundation.org/scholarships. Applicants must be planning to attend or already attending an accredited community college or four-year college or university. For more information regarding the scholarship, call the foundation at 989.839.9661.
For 2021, the foundation awarded a total of 342 scholarships worth more than $800,000 to 232 local students.
scholarship school featured