Drive-thru construction begins July 6 June 01, 2021
As part of our commitment to better serving our members, we will be upgrading our drive-thru this summer to make a number of much-needed structural, functional and aesthetic enhancements.
Below are some commonly asked questions about this important construction project – and our answers to them.
Drive-thru upgrade project Q&A
Why is the drive-thru upgrade being done now?
Our existing drive-thru has served us well for many years, but it now is quite worn and has reached the end of its usable life. Simply put: It is time.
How will this project ultimately improve the drive-thru?
The three most exciting changes are:
- Two of our drive-thru lanes will be made “tall-vehicle friendly” by including buttons at both the top and bottom of the station. The remaining four lanes will have buttons only at the bottom of the station (just as our existing drive-thru does).
- We’re adding a two-way monitor to every lane to make your drive-thru experience more personal, connected and interactive. You’ll be able to see the teller who is serving you, and the teller will be able to see you.
- We’ll be able to centralize our service by having all tellers consistently working in a single area instead of moving between two areas. This will allow our tellers to easily transition between drive-thru and lobby transactions – which in turn will help expedite our service to you, whether you’re in the drive-thru or the lobby.
When is the construction happening?
Construction on the all-new drive-thru begins July 6 and is expected to last until Labor Day.
What if I need drive-thru service during the construction period?
A temporary six-lane drive-thru will be set up in the south end of our parking lot. To utilize it, members will need to enter the parking lot from Bayliss Street (southernmost entrance). The temporary drive-thru is intended to be used for transactions that cannot be completed via self-serve channels such as DCECU ATMs, Online Banking, the DCECU Mobile App1 or 1Call touch-tone telephone banking.
NOTE: If you have not yet signed up for Online Banking, please visit dcecu.org/online today to register and familiarize yourself with the interface and its functionality.
Will the lobby be open?
Due to interior lobby renovations and our staffing needs for the temporary drive-thru, we anticipate that our lobby will remain closed to walk-in traffic for the duration of the project. If you cannot complete your transaction via the self-serve channels or the temporary drive-thru, we still will be gladly accepting appointments for most services. Please visit dcecu.org/appointment to schedule your appointment for lobby service.
NOTE: During this time, loan applications will continue to be conducted online at dcecu.org/borrow or by phone at 989.835.7794 or 800.835.7794 (toll-free).
What about the night drop box?
The night drop box will be closed. Instead:
- Deposit and loan transactions typically conducted using the drop box can be completed several ways.
- Onsite during business hours via either a lobby appointment or the temporary drive-thru
- At a DCECU ATM
- Via our Online Banking or Mobile App
- Online at dcecu.org/loanpayment (loan payments only)
- Paperwork can be placed in our Document Drop-Off box, which is located between the USPS and FedEx boxes outside the main doors.
What should I know if I need to come to the credit union during the construction period?
DCECU will be considered an active construction zone. If you cannot complete your transaction via the self-serve channels and must visit the credit union for a lobby appointment or to use the temporary drive-thru, please watch for and obey any posted warnings and exercise extreme caution when navigating our parking lot by vehicle or on foot.
If you still have questions after reading the Q&A, please feel free to reach out to us using the contact information found at dcecu.org/contact.
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during the construction period as we make these valuable and necessary improvements to help us better serve our members for many years to come. We all look forward to the completion of this important upgrade and being able to both utilize our new drive-thru and return to walk-in service.
The DCECU Mobile App requires a supported mobile device with internet access, a valid email address and a valid phone number on file with DCECU. See dcecu.org/mobile for complete details. ↩︎
drive-thru construction featured