back to topThinking of purchasing or refinancing a home?
You have options.
October 8, 2015
When it comes to financing a home, DCECU offers a variety of competitive and convenient loans for primary and secondary homes (does not include income properties) located in Michigan.
- Conventional Fixed Rate and Balloon First Mortgages
- Looking for a Jumbo First Mortgage? Our limit is now $1,000,000.
- Equity loans are available up to $250,000* and are available on second homes (does not include income properties).
As a DCECU member, you’re sure to find a loan that fits your refinancing or purchasing needs with many added benefits. For example, interest rates that are locked in at no cost the day you apply, competitive closing costs, and servicing here at DCECU. You could even be eligible for the potential yearend Member Giveback Loan Interest Rebate**, and save even more over the life of your loan.
To learn more, stop by or call our Mortgage Department at 989.835.7794 or 800.835.7794, or apply now!
* Some limitations apply.
** Please note that while year-end rebates occur with great regularity, this credit union benefit is not guarantee
back to topComing Soon – A new dcecu.org!
October 5, 2015
Our website, dcecu.org, is about to undergo its third major redesign since it was first launched in 1999. The new site will debut on Tuesday, October 13 and offers a significantly improved experience as well as providing more relevant information on the credit union’s products and services.
The new website also offers a more intuitive experience, with content structured around four major sections:
- Bank - Our banking products and services
- Borrow - Our loan offerings
- Invest & Plan - Information to help you plan your financial future
- More - Other DCECU services
Finally, the new website features a responsive design that reflows information on the page to fit any screen, big or small. It’s mobile-friendly!
Note: This redesign does not include Online Banking, only the pages you see before signing in.
back to topCoats For Kids
October 5, 2015
The Salvation Army's Coats for Kids is going on now through December 4.
Last year, nearly 1,000 coats were given to children, teens and adults who could not afford one. A collection box is located in our lobby and we will accept new or gently used coats, mittens, hats and scarves.
back to topFlu & Pneumonia Immunization Clinic Returns
October 2, 2015
From 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14th, DCECU will host an immunization clinic. Pharmacists will be on hand to administer flu and pneumonia vaccines. This event is open to the public. Vaccine costs will be billed to participant’s insurance company, if evidence of insurance is provided at the time of service. If an individual does not have coverage, the cost is $31.99 for the Flu vaccine and $99.99 for the pneumonia vaccine, they will also have a small supply of TDAP for $63.99. Appointments are not necessary.
back to topWin $20,000 or put it toward a new set of wheels!
September 24, 2015
It’s that time of year again! The 2015 MCULLAF Grand Raffle is under way! Contribute $5 to support Michigan Credit Unions’ political action efforts, and you could win:
- $20,000.00 TOWARD THE PRICE OF EITHER A 2015 BUICK VERANO OR 2015 GMC SIERRA 1500 OR $20,000.00 CASH!*
- One 2nd Place Winner will receive $5,000 and five 3rd Place Winners will receive $1,000 each.
The drawing will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 23, at the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates headquarters in Lansing. To purchase a ticket, stop by or call the credit union today! Ticket sales end Friday, October 16.
* You must be a credit union member 18 years of age or older to enter. Contributions to MCULLAF are not considered charitable contributions or business expenses for income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and there shall be no reprisal for those who decide not to contribute. Need not be present to win. Prize must be claimed within 60 days. No refunds on ticket purchases. IF WINNER CHOOSES CAR, WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL TAXES, TRANSFER AND LICENSE FEES. The State of Michigan Bureau of State Lottery Charitable Gaming Division has issued License Number R31076 to MCULLAF to conduct this raffle on Monday, November 23, 2015.
back to topChanges are Coming to the Way We Process Your Transactions – What You Need to Know
September 18, 2015
Since 1937 it has been our goal to provide DCECU members with the best service possible. It is with that goal in mind that we are making changes to the way we process member transactions.
Starting October 27, we will begin nightly processing seven days a week. This change may affect the posting date of some weekend and/or holiday transactions. All transfers and payments will now process on their scheduled calendar day regardless of the day of the week they fall on. As always, please be sure the funds are available the day prior to your scheduled transfers to ensure processing of your transaction. Specifically, we would like to highlight the following transaction processing changes:
- DCECU share-to-share or share-to-loan transfers will now occur on your scheduled date, even if a weekend or holiday.
- If funds are not available in your Checking Account on the date of an automatic loan payment to a DCECU loan, we will now allow an overdraft transfer to help cover the payment.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions will post and/or be available to you only Monday through Friday, on their scheduled process date.
- Non-Rebate Eligible Fixed Rate Mortgage additional payments (above normal monthly payment) must be prearranged prior to payment date.
Going forward, you can rely on every calendar day, including weekends and holidays as a processing day for all other allowable DCECU transactions. We believe the result of this change will help to clarify the transactions happening within your account.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the credit union between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST at 989.835.7794 or 800.835.7794 for more information on how this change may impact you.
back to topOur 27-Month CD Special is a great option for more savings.
September 14, 2015
When it comes to your savings, making your money work as hard as possible is important. That’s why we are offering a 27-Month CD Special with a guaranteed 1.11% APY1 for the money you put in. Keeping your money in a DCECU CD lets your deposit stay safe and keep growing.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield and is accurate as of 9/11/15. Guaranteed APY assumes principal and interest remain on deposit for the term of the certificate. Advertised rate and APY are offered at the Credit Union’s discretion and may change daily. Certain restrictions apply. Limited time offer. Minimum deposit of $5,000 required to open account. A penalty for early withdrawal may be imposed and could reduce earnings on this account, including reduction of principal. Contact an employee for further information about applicable fees and terms.
back to topFall Vehicle Loan Sale
September 14, 2015
Get a great rate on an Auto or RV Loan!
This Fall, DCECU is offering great deals on loan rates for autos, trucks, and a wide range of recreational vehicles including: snowmobiles, ATVs and motor homes.
So whether you’re trekking across the country or just making a quick trip to the store, don’t let a rare deal go to waste. Get out there with a great low-rate auto loan!
Hurry – Offer ends November 13!
Login to Online Banking and apply today. Not a member yet? Join and start saving today.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Fall Vehicle Loan Sale rates are not available for refinancing existing DCECU loans. Refinances from other lenders are welcome. 1.99% APR represents our Non-Rebate eligible auto loan rates, these loans are not eligible for the potential year-end Loan Interest Rebate. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. All loans subject to approval.
back to topTake advantage of our Foreign Currency Services for your travel abroad!
September 2, 2015
DCECU offers members the ability to order foreign currency and have it delivered to your home before you set off on your trip.
This service provides access to the same currency that is available by ordering in-branch. You can schedule delivery as soon as next day or as far out as 21 days (with shipping fees ranging from $10 – $12).
To use this service, you can either visit us, or click here
Please note: this option’s terms, limits and rates are set differently from in-person transactions.
For more information, stop by, call us at 989.835.7794 or click here.
After logging in, go to "Accounts" and click on "Open New Share"
After logging in, go to
"Loans" and click
After logging in, go to
"Loans" and click
"Consumer Loan Request"